- Park car and get her on jack stands
- Put drain pain under radiator and drain that sucker via drain plug on bottom drivers side
- Disconnect hose that attaches to the front of housing.
- I believe there is a sensor there too..disconnect wire to sensor. Be careful though, the heat can make that plastic brittle
- Unbolt housing from block via 3 bolts on side of housing
- Remove housing
- Take front piece off the housing to remove the thermostat. **Take note of the little hole on the front/top of thermostat. When you put it back in, this hole should be on the top
- Remove tiny clips from silver plugs in housing and swap them into the new housing. You may have to replace the o-rings, mine got perma-sealed to the housing from heat and chemicals and needed to be replaced.
- Remove clip and sensor from housing and swap to new housing...again, be careful. Heat can make plastic brittle.
- Put thermostat in new housing (with hole facing u)
- Put new oring in place
- Bolt housing to block
- Re attach hose to front of housing
- fill up car with new coolant/water
Extras I might recommend, o-rings for the silver plugs in housing and possibly a new sensor. You might want to take this opportunity to switch to the lower temp Thermostat, if your mods dictate.
hope this helps