Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - TB install - help with TPS (wanna get it right this time)
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2004, 05:30 PM   #1
whiteboyslo
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 180
What I Drive: 04 Pontiac GTO - Yellow M6

FF Reputation: 2 whiteboyslo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
TB install - help with TPS (wanna get it right this time)

OK-

Some of you may or may not remember my little TB fiasco from back around Xmas time. I bought a ported TB, tried to install it on my car, but i kept snapping the TPS. i'd install the TPS on the throttle blade but then when i went to hit the throttle i'd hear a giant *SNAP* and the car would do wierd stuff like climb all the way to 6200 RPM before every shift and it would shift HARD. after screwing up 2 TPSs, i finally broke down and bought a new stock TB with the TPS on it already. lesson learned, i guess.

anywho, fast forward to present. i'm buying a TON of goodies of a local guy who wrecked his 01 zx3 ATX and bought a new PZEV. one of the things i bought was a FC 65mm TB. we're going to put that and a couple more things on this sunday and i want to make sure we do this right just so i don't have to play this whole dumb game again. he and another buddy (who put the TB on in the 1st place) are going to help, but when i asked if he was sure he knew how to put the TB on w/o snapping the TPS he kinda gave me a wierd look. i think he might have just gotten lucky the 1st time around.

so, how do i put on this TPS correctly? focal, i'm looking at you bc i know you remember this fiasco from the 1st time around!

Mike