Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Do I need adjustable control arms or will camber bolts be enough?
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2008, 02:37 PM   #6
Geezer
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1427
What I Drive: 99 miata, 05Mazda6, 09GTI, 12Imprez

FF Reputation: 141 Geezer Excellent Standing Member Geezer Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
First I'll start by saying I don't know exactly what the alignment specs for a wagon are. All the printouts I have for my car (ZX3) as well as those posted here (some SVT's), exclude wagons so they must differ in some way. If your printout has the allowable ranges I'd appreciate seeing those and will add them to my collection. I'm going to make the initial assumption that they don't vary much from SVT's and Non SVT's by much....but I could be wrong.

Starting in the front, the final toe spec meets the maximum allowable for "toe-out" for non SVT's. A SVT allows -0.07" of toe-out. My preference would be to have it closer to -0.01 to 0.02" but that would depend the the allowable range. Front camber looks fine and shouldn't be an issue or a problem.

Camber is a little high in the rear for my taste. As mentioned, I prefer it to be below -1.5 degrees accompanied with minimal allowable "toe-in". Camber bolts would be the easiest and cheapest way to reduce rear camber.

I see the tech got both toe and camber very even side to side. That shows he's very conscientious and understands alignment procedures.

If the 0.10" is the minimum allowable rear toe-in for the wagon than you got what you asked for. Because the car is lowered you may benefit by reducing the rear toe-in a little more but I'd like knowing what the minimum allowable spec for the wagon is before making a recommendation. All in all, it doesn't look bad and may benefit from some additional tweaking.