Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - What sorts of problems has your Focus experienced?
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2008, 03:28 AM   #121
Feral
Focus Addict

Fan#: 58350
What I Drive: 1 2002 / 2 2001 Wagons

FF Reputation: 53 Feral Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
Lets see

Wagon #1
1) Ignition Broke
2) rear passenger wheel fell off (Visit 1)
3) rear passenger wheel fell off a second time
4) Car stalled (went to dealer) ($200 Visit)
5) next day pick up the car, car stalled wouldn't start in the middle of the intersection 2 blocks away from the dealer, car returned ($200 visit)
6) car stalled broke down a third time (returned and flipped out at the $600 estimate and dragging the car off the lot with my van
7) Flaming Hatch harness (taped up temp fix)
8) Car felt like relieving its pressure all over the driveway (pissed for 2 hours till I smelled the fuel)
9) Fuel pump took a dump (recalled)
10) spring broke careening the wagon into a divider wall)
11) Heater fan speed switch shorted caught fire
12) resistor pack burned up
13) radio shorted burning out the FM receiver chip
14) Popped rear passenger speaker
15) third brake light housing melted to bulbs
16) PCV host broke twice
17) sounds like a diesel when running ( people actually ask if it is diesel)
18) Passenger door lock randomly jams and won't unlock/open
19) pillar trim refuses to stay secured ( ford replaced the retainers but didn't help)
20) Stupid front cupholders won't fit any of my mugs OR the coffeeshops cups (I only drink XL LOL)
21) rear wiper so corroded on hinge that it stays off the window 1/4 inch off the glass (removed arm and soaked binding hinge piece in oil overnight did nothing LOL)
22) Old original remote only worked from a distance within 7 feet
23) NEW replacement remote only works from a distance of 10 feet and closer
24) AC used to smell like a dead animal when used, took it in they cleaned and deodorized the air passages, kept getting high off the smell of the deodorizer so I had them reclean and use something else)
25) Center left Vent falls off, eventually pissed me off tearing it and the tube out... went to the scrapyard yanked the first vent thats the same color installed it it clipped in tight and to my demise its off a newer one.. I now have 3 vents with the white raised markers and this one has the tan markers drove me nuts on the way home LOL (used white out to turn the markers white when I got home)

Im gunna end it here I could keep going for at least 20 more LOL

Wagon #2
Just bought the car with a blown motor so I will leave this one as it is with the blown motor.. just from the walk around I bought myself another Nightmare

My Wagon Rebuild - http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=217009