Old 07-19-2004, 12:17 PM   #7
jumpman23_217
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 9022
What I Drive: 2004 liquid grey zx3 2.3l pzev

FF Reputation: 1 jumpman23_217 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Thanks for the info. Does the Thule rack damage the car in any way? Are any painted surfaces scratched or rubbed. Do you ever remove the rack and reinstall it. I've read that the Thule and Yakima racks are a pain to remove and put back.
i have taken the rack off and reinstalled in once already ...ive had it for abour 3 months and no signs of any damage what so ever....the foot packs have a rubber base that seems to protect very well....and the fit kit brackets are coated in a rubber like material. I found it a little confusing the first time i installed it because the directions were not the best...but it only took me about an hr from start to finish....after that re-installing it is a breeze.

Quote:
In my honest opinion, the rack from batinc is a better rack for the Focus. It costs less, it's a custom fit, it looks nicer, it's lighter, and it's easier to install and remove than Thule and Yakima, without sacrificing durability or quality.
Thule has custom fit kits also ....

The whole system was a bit pricey

as far as there being a better, lighter, easier to use system...i can not say because i havent used anything else but thule. But i can say i dont have any problems yet, and im satisfied.