Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Roof Rack for 2005 Ford Focus ZX5
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2004, 09:31 AM   #3
jumpman23_217
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 9022
What I Drive: 2004 liquid grey zx3 2.3l pzev

FF Reputation: 1 jumpman23_217 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I have a Thule rack system for my 04 zx3...the system for a zx3 or zx5 will be a bit diffrent ...the one for the zx5 will actuallly be cheaper. You need the 400xt foot pack, 2063 fit kit, 50" load bars, and a 872 fairing (if you want ...i think it looks good). That will be your base rack...for a zx3 i had to get the short roofline adaptor since there is not enough spread from the front bar to the rear bar to be safe on a 2 dr car...with 4 drs u can hook one on the front and one on the rear door. Anyways after you have your base rack on....u can put just about anything up there...go to www.thuleracks.com and look for your watersport carrier of choice....keep in mind this is for a '04 ...im not total sure if the '05 is the same. I have a fork mount bike rack on mine and i really like it...i didnt like the price at first but when i realized how steardy and how well it fit spacific to my car it was worth spending the money .