Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Race Header or Volant Intake
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2004, 07:41 PM   #1
lildisco
RespectMyAuthoritah!

Fan#: 5761
What I Drive: 06 Mazda6i, 08 Mazda CX7 GT AWD

Points 30,450, Level 100
Points: 30,450, Level: 100 Points: 30,450, Level: 100 Points: 30,450, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
FF Reputation: 47 lildisco Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
Race Header or Volant Intake

I've got some money to blow and i was wondering what would be the next step? right now i have a K&N drop in a/f, bosal 2.25" flex, magnaflow 2.25" catback, Superchips SCT superchip, and a focus sport crank UDP. I'm not very technically inclined but i have some friends that would be able to help me install a header.

I was just wondering what's the better route.....a volant intake or a race header. I don't know which race header would be better. I am for certain that i want a volant intake. and i found one for $250 on http://www.modernperformance.com/ford/onfocus.shtml. If anybody knows of any cheaper place please let me know. Now I have been looking on here about the SVT Header and Hi-flo cat set up. I wanted to go that route but i don't have the funds for that at the momment. I figured that i could get a race header.

A friend of mine has a stock 97 Taraus SHO and my car with the current mods can keep up with him till i hit 2nd gear. He starts to walk away from me at and then he begins to leave me in the dust. Granted it's a V8 but i want to atleast be able to keep up with him. Which one of these mods would help me out the most? And bear in mind that I don't have that many technical skills, but i should be able to install a race header with help from my friends. Thanks!