View Single Post
Old 09-06-2008, 10:47 AM   #3
subtleshift
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 49283
What I Drive: 04 Sonic Blue Svt

FF Reputation: 1 subtleshift Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
i didnt recognize untill about 350-400 miles of driving...maybe a little less but still...

(although the majority of that driving was on a mini road trip at least 200 miles of driving, but it was trafficy, so i was still going, stop and go...

anyways, it doesnt happen all the time either...like yesterday i tried to go out and get them to squeek and i couldnt do it...i tried stopping lightly to do it, and tried slightly pulling the ebrake up, i tried coming to a complete stop, applying the ebrake, and then starting up again...none of this got it to squeek...

frustrating...that why i was thinking maybe its not my brakes...

i was thinking clutch, but then i heard it the other day while my clutch was disengaged so i was like well good, but damn what is it?

(on a side note, i checked my power steering fluid and it is black as shit, could it be that the fluid isnt lubricating the *rack and pinion* (i think) well enough and that is the squeak...<<<i thought that was possible but not likely as i hear it all the time when im pretty sure my wheel is straight...)

it helps to have a car lift. nuff said