Old 09-02-2008, 01:54 PM   #224
BannerDrums
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 58935
What I Drive: 2005 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 BannerDrums Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hours from buying a focus

That's right, I'm in the middle of buying my 05 pitch black Focus. It's the super base model, which I'm fine with since it'll be lighter, but here is a few things about me.

I'm in Austin, Texas, and I'm in a band called "The Banner Year" in which I play drums.

I work as an assistant designer (for now, should be getting rid of the assistant title in not too long) at a small advertising company here in town.

So here are my plans for this vehicle

First of all, it's got steel wheels, which have got to go. I've been looking for a set of wheels to put on there. Preferably 17 x 7 ish (SVT size) and under 20 lbs. I NEED to do this this week because of state inspection, so if anyone knows of anyone selling a decent set of wheels or where I can get a good deal let me know

Now, on to the other stuff planned:
Cold air
Full exhaust (headers back)
Tein S.S. suspension with EDFC
(attempt) dry sump conversion
big bore throttle body
LSD conversion
SVT facia
front splitter
rear disc brake conversion
Stage 2 ish clutch (i might go higher...)
Lightened flywheel
um... that's everything off the top of my head.

The goal is to have somewhere around 250 hp.
I'm not looking to build the fastest focus ever, but I am looking to build a car that I can drive every day, get decent gas mileage and still enjoy on those windy backroads that the SVTs do so well on.

My younger brother has an 03 SVT, and my first goal is really to build a car that will outrun the SVT and any other car in that market (Civic Si's and such).

First thing I'm doing today is putting in spark plugs. I would put in an oil catch but I need to buy drum heads. They cost about the same, but the band takes priority this time around. hahaha.

I'd love to hear any tips and suggestions, so don't be shy to let me know what you think of my plan and if I'm missing anything.

Thanks a ton guys! I'm glad to be a part of this!