Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - ZETEC Timing Belt Replacement
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2008, 11:59 PM   #4
lhc_focus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 42464
What I Drive: 2002 ZX5

Points 42,170, Level 100
Points: 42,170, Level: 100 Points: 42,170, Level: 100 Points: 42,170, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 11 lhc_focus Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Now lets start under the hood.

Use the correct tool and remove the negative clamp and wire from the battery. Safety, Safety and Safety.

I zip tied the throttle cables to the intake pipe. Made it easier to remove the valve cover. Also give a short pull on the breather hose at the right rear of the valve cover circled in red. I used a sharpie to lable the plug wires 1 thru 4 left to right. You could use masking tape or whatever. Up to you. So remove the wire's and move them off to the battery side. You can now see down into the valley of the head to the spark plugs. We won't remove yet but now is the time to use compressed air to blow out any dirt. You could use the vacuum later when the valve cover is off. You will need the 10mm socket for the ten valve cover bolts. Get yourself a zip lock bag, lable it and drop the bolts in. Lot easier when putting everyting back together. When all this is done lift the vavle cover up and find a safe spot for it. Use several sheets of your shop towels to keep dirt from getting in. Put several towels on the the engine to.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Valve cover ready to start.JPG
Views:	3652
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	16135