Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Could use some help please?
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2008, 11:34 PM   #13
iminhell
C2H5OH

Fan#: 36222
What I Drive: 2000 & 2001 ZX3's

FF Reputation: 48 iminhell Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlking92887 View Post
I have the same problem as this. except i dont have a catalytic convertor at all and my car doesnt stall completely. it has 2 times, but not like often. ive been told that there could possibly be a bubble in my fuel line or because my o2 sensor is reading the output wrong what would be the possibly fix for this
Quote:
TO: All U.S. Ford and Lincoln Mercury Dealers

SUBJECT: Extended Coverage Program 03N01: Supplement #2
Certain 2000 and 2001 Model Year Focus Vehicles
Fuel Delivery Module - New Design

RE: Extended Coverage Program 03N01: Supplement #1 Dated January 2004
Fuel Delivery Module - New Design

RE: Extended Coverage Program 03N01: Dated November 2003
Fuel Delivery Module

PURPOSE OF THIS SUPPLEMENT

Re-instate 0.3 Hour road test labor times
Revised technical instructions which include a road test to be performed after FDM replacement to determine if the driveability concern has been corrected.
PROGRAM TERMS

This program extends the coverage of the fuel delivery module (FDM) to 10 years from the original warranty start date of the vehicle, with no limit on the number of miles that the vehicle has been driven. This program provides replacement coverage, and is automatically transferred to subsequent owners.

VEHICLES COVERED BY THIS PROGRAM

Certain 2000 and 2001 model year Focus vehicles built at the Wayne and Hermosillo Assembly Plants from Job #1,1999 through June 13, 2001. Affected vehicles are identified in OASIS.

REASON FOR PROVIDING ADDITIONAL COVERAGE

Some of the affected vehicles may experience engine hesitation, loss of power, surging, and other similar symptoms as a result of contamination of the fuel pump filters. Because the contamination of the filters is progressive, they may ultimately become sufficiently blocked to cause the engine to stall completely. Although the symptoms noted above can occur under a variety of driving conditions, they are most likely to occur when there is less than one-quarter tank of fuel and/or when the driver is attempting to accelerate while making a right turn maneuver (such as entering a highway through a cloverleaf) or while driving uphill.

SERVICE ACTION

If the customer informs you that their vehicle exhibits stalling, engine hesitation, loss of power, surging, or other similar symptoms, replace the FDM. There is no need for further diagnostics prior to FDM replacement. Owners are not to be charged for any diagnostics or repairs related to the FDM replacement.

Prior to performing service, tell the customer:

Ford will replace the FDM at no cost based upon the customer's description of the condition without performing any diagnostics.
That without performing diagnostics other conditions that may affect driveability, if any, would not be addressed by an FDM replacement.
That after FDM replacement, a road test will be conducted at no charge to determine if the driveability concern has been corrected.
That diagnosis and correction of any remaining driveability issues, if any, are the responsibility of the customer unless the vehicle still has remaining Basic Vehicle Warranty coverage.
This Customer Satisfaction program only covers replacement of the FDM.
Obtain customer approval before conducting any further diagnostics.

That should be the first step in anything related to sluggishness in the early Foci.