Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - tried everything electrical problem on 05 ford focus need help
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2008, 03:19 PM   #7
Feral
Focus Addict

Fan#: 58350
What I Drive: 1 2002 / 2 2001 Wagons

FF Reputation: 53 Feral Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
Had the same problem on my car turned out to be the rebuilt alternator that was just installed.. it had a faulty regulator the faster I went the less charge it would supply which triggered the relays into acting up... I also has the Light Phases on one occasion they light up so bright they burnt out which I then plugged in my battery minder ( has a volt meter and it was sitting at 18.7 volts and the unit beeped overcharge

on the controllers they will act up, stop working or misbehave if there voltage fluctuates to much seeing not everything has a voltage stabilizer

I complained to the rebuilder they refunded the money and bought a scrap yard alternator and everythings running fine now

whats funny is my neighbour just approached me with the same problem with his import about the lights phasing and I asked was his alternator rebuilt or new he said rebuilt 7 months ago.. I told him to change it