Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Focus Fanatics Ride of the Month Showcase
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2008, 03:36 PM   #48
Chick

Fan#: 151
What I Drive: '11 Fiesta SES, '13 Civic Si Sedan

Points 182,471, Level 100
Points: 182,471, Level: 100 Points: 182,471, Level: 100 Points: 182,471, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 9%
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%
FF Reputation: 133 Chick Excellent Standing Member Chick Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (37)
AUGUST RIDE OF THE MONTH(2008)

Member name: SYZ
Model: ZX3
Color: Yellow

Why he loves his Focus:
"It's really the only car that I've been able to take to this modification level and not resort to credit cards. It's great knowing that the mods purchased are paid off when they're shipped out. It helps that the Focus is really quite affordable to mod, and I think that with some minor exterior tweaks, it can really shine. I love the way the hatches look especially. Nice and sporty! My focus handles well, is fun to drive, and it's not your typical tuner, so it's nice to be able to add some diversity to the plethora of modded Acuras and Hondas that are generally seen. This car has been great to me; no major problems have plagued it yet, so I'll keep my fingers crossed. The Focus community on FF is also key for my continued interest in modding and pushing it to the next level. There are some AWESOME people on FF, and the positive attitudes keep me coming back!"

His future plans:
"I've got a ported head with Crane Stage 2 cams and Cosworth valvesprings awaiting shipping. CFM underdrive pulleys, a tune and some nitrous will complete my engine mods for the time being. For the interior, I'll be putting in a street roll cage, a wideband and a couple other gauges. I want to swap out my wheels for some RS rims as well. For the drivetrain, an Exedy clutch w/ lightweight flywheel and a Torsen LSD should do it. An SVT brake conversion is also close around the corner. I'm sure I'll be back to engine mods after I get all that squared away, so higher compression pistons and a Ranger crank will be in order. I'm sure there will be other things that lure my money away as well."

MODIFICATIONS

EXTERIOR:
F2 front bumper
Kaminari side skirts
SAP rear bumper
Clear sidemarkers
Projector headlights w/ custom eyelid
Niteshaded tails
Hella Micro DE fog lights

INTERIOR:
Full sound deadening in doors and hatch
Rear seat delete