Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - HOWTO: license plate lights
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2004, 01:04 PM   #7
Teeps
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 10444
FF Reputation: 1 Teeps Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Thanks

First of all, thanks for this great info on the license plate bulb or light access.

Also I don't know if this is already a sticky, or part of an FAQ, but might be worth consideration if not.

Second of all, a co-worker of mine, a somewhat older guy, has a nice Focus Hatchback in perfect condition (Black and he had some Gray/silver flames painted on the side)
He recently discovered one of the License plate lights burned out, and he suspecs there might be water in there. Trying to access the bulb, he was afraid he would break something and might be going about it the wrong way
He decided to take his car to the dealer to figure out how to access the bulb.
The DEALER could "NOT" figure out how to access this bulb !!!!!!!!!!

The dealer pulled up all the info they had on service cd's, books, nothing.
Even the owners manual in the car didn't show anything about this bulb (but shows every other bulb on the car).

He mentioned that they still couldn't figure it out after having the hatch practically dis-assembled.

I did a quick search on google and came up with this site, I then searched your message board, and found this thread.

He even called Ford and got the run around, but this thread saved the day for him,

So thanks for the great info, and thanks for sharing it here,

-Don