kens03cobra
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 58059
What I Drive: 2004 SVT SONIC BLUE EAP

FF Reputation: 1 kens03cobra Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eventerke View Post
I didn't know carbotech made a set for the SVT - interesting.

I've been running Hawk HT-10s and normal blank rotors without a single problem on track, and I really like them.

Ken - welcome to FF! Did you make 100% sure you'd cleaned the rotors well when you did the brake change? Were the pads you used the only ones ever used on the rotors? Did you go through a proper break-in on the pads/rotors (you need to get them hot enough that you can really smell them)? Did you give your brake fluid a complete flush/bleed before the track event (Motive Power Bleeder FTW!)?

Just throwing out ideas - good luck getting it back out there. I'm hoping to make it out to Summit one of these days.
Pads, Rotors, Fluid all new at the same time a month ago. Broke them in properly I believe, but never ever ever had the grip I though they should have.

Shame on me for not telling my mechanic about them and trying something different.

Anyone have the hiflow cat midpipe installed? I am stock on the exhaust at this time but may be dropping the oil pan and thought it may be a good time to swap it out.

Ken