From August's Fastrack::
Scroll all the way to the the end.
- The SMAC has proposed the rules for a supplemental FWD class as follows: Add new section 16.4 as follows:
- Add to 16.B (and renumber following subsection accordingly):
3. Supplemental Class SMF
- Add to Appendix A under STREET MODIFIED CATEGORY:
Supplemental Class SMF
SMF is a supplemental class open to front-wheel-drive vehicles only. Its rule set will follow that of Street Modified, with
the following exceptions:
- Minimum weight of 1650lbs. + 200 lb/liter. The 1.4 adder for forced induction still applies.
- +150 pounds for 2-seat cars (CRX)
The intent of this proposal is to create a class for slightly heavier FWD cars that donít fit competitively within the current SM rules.
Front-drive vehicles are still eligible to compete in SM or SM2 under those classesí present weight minimums. If the proposal for
reduced minimum weights for tires 275mm or smaller is accepted for Street Modified, it will not be applicable to SMF.
This should be really fun to watch develop.