Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Buying dedicated autocross wheels, what size?
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2008, 07:54 AM   #19
wrc_fan
slow

Fan#: 11913
What I Drive: 03 ZX3 Duratec 08 WRX Hatch

FF Reputation: 23 wrc_fan Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Another update on this tire combo, used them at the SCR SCCA autox in Charleston, SC this past weekend. In addition to the new wheels/tires I bought a real tire pressure gage. I start off with 40psi F, 36 rear which felt like it was understeering a little too much. I knocked down the rear a psi, and the car felt better. My third run the pressures were 41.5 front and 35 rear. The car felt pretty good here, almost neutral. Throttle off it started to rotate, apply throttle and it straightened right up. Ran by Best time of the day here.

After the official autox was done, there was a chance for some fun runs, so I jumped on that. I hadn't adjusted the pressures before the fun runs and went with whatever they were cold (41 F/ 35 R hot) Turned my best unofficial time that was 0.7s faster!

So, there's another event this Sunday, I plan on running 38F/ 33R cold, and seeing where that gets me. Bottom line, these tires have a ton of grip compared to my old ones, and don't have an issue with rolling.

"Hella Functional - Raced, Not Hard Parked"