Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Dash Color How To... (working link)
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2008, 02:38 PM   #49
Tiger-Heli
Focus Addict

Fan#: 12379
What I Drive: 2002 French Blue SE Sedan

Points 703, Level 14
Points: 703, Level: 14 Points: 703, Level: 14 Points: 703, Level: 14
Level Up 3% Completed
Level up: 3% Level up: 3% Level up: 3%
Forum Activity 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%
FF Reputation: 4 Tiger-Heli Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixspade View Post
I'm pretty sure that you need to actually sand the front of the bezel down and not the back which is why you would need stencils. If I am wrong please let me know cuz I want to do this but I'm not realy looking foward to stenciling and whatnot. Im out of the area but when I get back Im going to pull mine apart and check.
I believe you are correct, now that I think about it. I was confused b/c the instructions showed a silver panel getting sanded down and a black panel getting the new stencils. So I thought the silver panel was under the black one, but I think it was an SVT and a non SVT (or modded to look like a non-SVT) and indeed - I guess instead of two layers and green LED's, this panel is white LED's and green paint with black paint over that.

Fun!!!

I'm not planning to do the mod - it was more curiosity for me, but in the other threads I've read, people were buying from v-leds, and you might also try superbrightLED's.

HTH!