Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Dash Color How To... (working link)
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2008, 10:20 AM   #45
Tiger-Heli
Focus Addict

Fan#: 12379
What I Drive: 2002 French Blue SE Sedan

Points 742, Level 14
Points: 742, Level: 14 Points: 742, Level: 14 Points: 742, Level: 14
Level Up 43% Completed
Level up: 43% Level up: 43% Level up: 43%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 4 Tiger-Heli Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I still have a couple of questions after reading the guide.

First off, I know the cruise control buttons are not illuminated from the factory, and I was curious what would be involved in illuminating them. (On a 2002, at least. Are they illuminated on other Foci?).

Second I’m a bit confused on the HVAC cluster mod part of the guide. The HVAC buttons, radio, and door lock buttons required swapping green LED’s for blue or red LED’s. The (other) threads on changing the speedometer and odometer colors involved scraping off some green film and then allowing either colored bulbs, colored LED’s or stock bulb to shine through colored film on the existing markings.

From the guide, it looks like for the HVAC cluster, the green had to be sanded off, AND new stencils had to be made to replace the existing markings. Why couldn’t the existing markings still be used after scraping off the green film and replacing it with a different color or different colored bulbs? (Why were the stencils needed?)

Thanks in advance!!