Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2008 Cruise Control
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2008, 10:42 AM   #1
mikeswaggs
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 57112
What I Drive: 2008 Vapor Silver Sedan SE

FF Reputation: 2 mikeswaggs Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
2008 Cruise Control

I am a new Focus owner, bought a 2008 SE Vapor Silver with a manual. I wanted to get cruise, but it was proving hard to find. As a result, I have been looking into adding cruise on mine afterward. I have read the couple of posts about this topic, but none of them actually came to a conclusion.

From what I have checked out, since the car has ETC, (electronic throttle control) everything for cruise control should be there. There is a brake switch (for disabling cruise), no further mechanisims under hood are needed, so my thought is that if the appropriate slip ring behind the steering wheel is there with a connection for cruise, then a new steering wheel with cruise buttons and a computer reflash should do the trick.

Any thoughts? Has any of the other guys that were looking into this have any luck? Do we have any Ford dealership employees on this forum that can poke around the dealership for any info?