Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Sun Hyper Ground Kit Installed
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2008, 09:02 PM   #37
BradWhite
Head Hurt

Fan#: 54975
What I Drive: 08 Sedan SE Vista Blue

FF Reputation: 174 BradWhite Excellent Standing MemberBradWhite Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShocker View Post
do they make one of those kits for an 07 duratec 2.0 sedan auto trans and where can i find one
One thing I have learned from this thread, it is a lot cheaper to make your own cables. Just get good cable, not battery cable from an auto-parts store.

The cable that came in my kit had 1,444 strands of copper per cable. The cable I just received from Oznium.com is 4 ga. power cable with 1,666 strands per cable. I got 10' at $2.70 a ft. They also have some 8 ga. wire at $1.20 a ft., that's what I'll order next time to see what it's like.

Get some copper lugs, and those are probably cheaper at the auto-parts store and some dielectric grease and go to town.

As far as the increased gas mileage is concerned, here's a pic of my info center this evening. This is all in town mileage, zero hi-way or freeway miles. But, before we get all excited I will admit that I've been babying it to get it up that high. No jack rabbit starts, shifting at or before 2.5k, not using the engine to slow down, coasting any place there's a decline or anywhere I see I'm going to have to slow or stop - amazing how fast and far a Focus will coast, and using those upper gears. If it's a flat road I'll be in 5th even at 35 MPH.

But, now that I've got that pic I can go back to scaring the crap out of high school kids in their Honda's.

RIFF CREW, Sedan Revolution #137, TEAM Duratec #181, Bremerton Raceway #658, NW POSSE #6

Last edited by Lil_RedZX3; 02-14-2009 at 09:37 PM.