Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Sun Hyper Ground Kit Installed
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2008, 05:36 PM   #29
kimbo305
Focus Addict

Fan#: 52390
What I Drive: '00 Zetec ZX3

FF Reputation: 12 kimbo305 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradWhite View Post
Thank you gentlemen, I think I can wrap my pea brain around that info. How about another question. Some instructions for doing this say to daisy-chain the grounds starting at the battery negative post and then off of each ground to terminate on the opposite side of the chassis (hope that made sense). And I've seen instructions that want you to run each individual ground back to a single termination block and run one ground from that block to the battery negative post.

Any thoughts on that one would be appreciated also. Just a note, Sun's directions indicate daisy-chain. If you look at my 1st post here you'll notice that I've actually got a combination of both going on right now.
I'm not really a power electronics expert, but I did take an intro course on it in college. I think both techniques have the same goal -- prevent current loops.

When current runs in a loop, the inside of the loop is subject to changing electric fields as current flows and stops. So if you carefully arrange your grounding to avoid these loops, you won't have big fields going through the sensitive electronics. For example, your car audio might sound a little cleaner.

Either technique has the same goal -- take out loops and make tree like structures instead.