Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Is this a good wheel/tire choice for G stock/STN
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2008, 03:30 PM   #16
Killercanary
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 52755
What I Drive: 2003 SVTF

FF Reputation: 1 Killercanary Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Thanks for the reply. I actually purchased the euro wheels and direzza's already in the 215-40-17 size. I've run them at 2 events and I'm pleased thus far. This is my first year and I'm not too experienced yet, but I do feel that these tires get greasy when hot. They definitely push more on the later runs. I borrowed my buddy's water sprayer yesterday and after wetting them I turned my best time of the day. I purposely didn't wet them after that and ran my second slowest time on my 5th and final run. It could very well be that I'm over driving the tires and cooking them, but I've noticed this definite push the last two times out. I must add this though... on my 1st race with them I noticed this "greasy" feeling from them on the later runs, but my times got faster and faster; this however was not the case yesterday. I'll put up a video later and maybe you can provide me with some feedback to let me know if its me and something I'm doing, or if its the nature of these tires.

On a side note, I've finished 1st in STN (street tire novice) at every event in our summer series this year, and my times were good for two 2nds, one 3rd, and one 4th place this year in GS. I'm so glad I decided to start autocrossing this year and have all but given up drag racing my mustang.
Wife's toy- 2000 MR2 Spyder
Family vehicle- 2007 Infiniti G35X