Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - "The Official/Unofficial SVT Header Conversion Guide"
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2008, 09:32 PM   #61
lildisco
RespectMyAuthoritah!

Fan#: 5761
What I Drive: 06 Mazda6i, 08 Mazda CX7 GT AWD

FF Reputation: 47 lildisco Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
lildisco,

That's awesome that you've done this to your car, especially with the Magnaflow! I must admit, as much as I love Magnaflow, I'm not completely thrilled with the sound of the cat-back. It's ok, but I was still hoping for something a little less farty.

So are you happy with the sound now? Is it similar at all to the real SVT sound? Which exhaust would you recommend? Any other advice would be great!

Thanks

Spanky
When i first did the SVT Header and Hi-Flow Cat, it sounded like a can of pissed of Bees from miles away. I hated everytime i would got Wide Open Throttle because the bees would come out (sounded like complete crap!) I installed a resonator and the bees are now tamed. The car sounds like it did before i but the SVT Header on it.

But If you want your car to sound like a stock SVT, then you need to get all their stock exhaust parts, from the header to cat-back exhaust. Besides the stock SVT Exhaust, I'd suggest getting a resonated exhaust. Once you add a header to our cars, they sound like complete crap (opinions are subjective). If I could turn back time, i would have got a resonated Borla. I got my Magnaflow Exhaust for $267 shipped! 4 years ago. But with my resonated installed after my Header, it cost about the same if not MORE than if i would have done it right the first time. (I can't remember what the resonated cat-backs went for 4 years ago)

03 SE SVT Wannabe (sold) to help pay for my 08 Cooper Red Mazda CX7 AWD GT