Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 100,000+ Mileage Foci, Post here..
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 08:19 PM   #36
wmcclendon
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 21055
FF Reputation: 1 wmcclendon Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I was on here surfing for ignition troubles and saw this thread...finally, something I'm good at. I've had my 2000 ZX3 since new and I'm running 256,000+ miles on it! I can't believe this thing has held up so well. I don't take it easy on it, but its been awhile since I've really revved it high or checked the speed limiter.

I'm on the stock clutch. I've changed the timing belt once (really need to do it again). I replaced the thermostat housing, the alternator, pass. side front wheel bearing (PITA), the pass. side inner tie rod end (PITA), the rear bearings (with new drums), the brakes a whole bunch of times, the valve cover gasket twice, and all of the engine/tranny mounts. I also had the driver's seat bolster break on me. I welded it back on and had a friend add some extra foam around it.

Currently, I need a new PS pump, a new timing belt, a new ignition cylinder, engine mounts again (they keep breaking for some reason), and probably that relay for the A/C fan. I'm sure a new clutch wouldn't hurt. My passenger side window and door lock work kind of slowly, but they do work.

Today was the second time my car has failed me. The first was the alternator. Today was the ignition switch. Its getting quite tired and old, but I can't decide if I should rebuild or buy something else.