Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - "Official" Hawaii Photo Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2008, 04:19 AM   #56
YZ04
Focus Addict

Fan#: 33875
What I Drive: A 4 door family saloon, '09 Trek2.1

FF Reputation: 10 YZ04 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (25)
I like the factory SVT skirts and rear bumper with the diamond grille diffuser...but that's just me lol. Nothing wrong with the one you got ;P

As for your intake, most Focus intakes are expensive..not worth the price for what little gains can be had from them. That's probably why the previous owner jerry-rigged his. I paid almost $175 for mines (and $114 for my 60mm throttlebody), and I STILLL barely feel any difference lol. I also have a Magnaflow catback exhaust w/ custom 2.25" flexpipe. It was a bolt on installation so I was able to do it at home. It's got a nice tone to it and a nice burble after you rev it. Again, not too much difference in horsepower, just a bit more noise.

Lastly, yes I did my HID install myself. Everything on my car was done by me, except for my misc. paint jobs. I figure, I might as well do it myself, and learn something new in the process. Check out my sunroof too if you ever spot my car. I did that back in 2006, and still no leaks!