Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Zetec engine guide.
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2008, 11:54 AM   #1
dlh98370
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 56126
What I Drive: 1980, Ford Fiesta

FF Reputation: 1 dlh98370 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Zetec engine guide.

All,

I need help finding the a definitive guide to the US version of the Zetec. I am planning to do a conversion similar to this on my MK1 Fiesta. www.zetecinside.com I have already replaced the original 1600 Xflow to a 1.9L CVH. This is a picture of the car as it is now.

The leap from a CVH to a Zetec is not huge as the blocks are similar. I can get a Zetec from a Focus or Contour but which one is more desirable? What VIN code am I looking for? Some of the things I concerned about are:

The Oil pan. Which Zetec has the bowl for the oilpan located towards the crank pulley. Does any one know if a CVH oil pan will fit on a Zetec block?

Water pumps. Do they all rotate the same direction. I ask this question because on the Euro version the water pumps are different between the Mondeo/Contour and the Focus.

Can the VCT be disabled?

Does anyone know if the CVH crankpulley with the crank angle sensor fit on the Zetec crank? I won't be able to use a Zetec flywheel for a couple of reasons.

I am not worried about the fuel injection as I will be running side drafts with MSD or Megajolt ignition system. Is there a Zetec rebuilding guide somewhere on the Web?

Comments?

dlh98370