lyrrad3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 321
What I Drive: 2003 2.3 zx3

FF Reputation: 1 lyrrad3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by faufresh View Post

8. If you haven't done so already take out the dome light assembly. There's a little notch toward the windshield. I found a small drill bit worked perfectly to get in there and pop it out. The dome light is not just going to dangle out. It's going to come out about halfway and stop. Rock that sucker sideways and it'll come out. Unclip it and place it with the rest of your goodies.
I'm working on the wrapping my headliner right now and I found this thread to be very informative!!! Thank you!

Just one tip on removing the dome light assembly though. I found it easier to pop of the dome light assembly by sticking a small flat head screwdriver in between the lens and trim. There is a clip adjacent to the notch you were speaking of (opposite end of the dome light switches). Use the screwdriver to press down on the clip and the lens should come out with relative ease. Once the lens is out you will have to unplug the two wire connecting to the switch. From there, you will be able to unscrew the trim with a phillips head screw driver.