Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - A SVT Owner, Finally!!
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2008, 04:22 PM   #4
..:: sleestak ::..
on thin air

Fan#: 22528
What I Drive: 04 Forester XTi

FF Reputation: 80 ..:: sleestak ::.. Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (15)
Congrats on the new car and to the boards!

Intakes make the car sound a ton better, maybe add a little hp depending on what you get. I would stay away from short rams though...the heat soak mixed with the low end bog = suck. AEM, PiperCross, Volant....or just drop an ITG panel in the stock airbox, remove the resonator from the side of the box and call it good.

You will probably want the VF rear engine mount to get rid of the loud bang/klunk when going hard into 2nd. Hi-Flow cats are nice, short throw shifter is for sure a good thing (that shifter is TALL), and beyond that, I would get a tune for the car as well. Helps smooth things out a bit and the car runs a bit nicer.

As for tires, you have a lot of options. I run all seasons out here in CO during the warmer months and have found the Falken 912's to be a nicely priced and well performing tire for the car. If you do a lot of winter driving, save up some pennies and try to pick up a set of used 16's from here...put dedicated winter tires on them, it makes snow driving so much nicer.

Njoy the new ride! They are a blast to drive and sexy to boot!

"Our mother of blessed accelleration, dont fail us now!" -- Elwood Blues