Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Introducing the redesigned 2009 Ford Focus Coupe
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2008, 02:47 PM   #110
azdamay
Titular Wit Here

Fan#: 27396
What I Drive: 2004 GTO, 1986 Civic Si, 2010 TC

FF Reputation: 8 azdamay Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wodan23 View Post
I think some people are not giving Ford enough credit, remember that it is only a quick refresh and it has basically an SVT bumper that we all love and the EAP's we all love. They can't lower it because some people can not deal with a lowered vehicle and it apparently has a nicer sounding exhaust. They got rid of the chrome front and chrome side moldings. Ford literally did exactly what everyone wanted. this is a VERY good sign and remember there is a completely redesigned euro focus coming out in the next few years so why would they sink tons of money into a complete redesign after one year? Congrats Ford this REALLY helps the look of the new focus coupe. I love it!
Have to agree. As much as I have not warmed up to the new Focus, this does make it look better. You have to give Ford credit for actually doing SOMETHING, ANYTHING, to make the car look better. They took a sound beating in the automotive press for the weird styling of the car (yes, '08 owners, styling is subjective, don't get upset) and took some measures to please the critics. For those who said it's not impressive or not enough, what did you expect? With the Euro Focus hopefully right around the corner for North America, how much money would they possibly invest in a design that was only meant to be around as a stopgap in the first place?

The only thing I would criticize perhaps is that the inclusion of the SVT wheels highlights how badly the car needs a drop and even bigger wheels, they look lost in that wheel opening.