Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Drag Tips?
Thread: Drag Tips?
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2008, 01:26 PM   #29
SquillyB
4.9L SC Stroker !!!

Fan#: 45801
What I Drive: SC 5.0 FOFO BUILD IN PROGRESS

FF Reputation: 106 SquillyB Excellent Standing Member SquillyB Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripped_06_ST View Post
Last race, there was a PRelude running a 10 flat at 73.05 MPH... I want to race him... I'm gonna be nervous as hell people!!

People keep saying that reaction times don't matter, well keep saying that, I hope to see ALL of you lined up against me at FocusFest. In either the "heads up" grudge lanes or during the afternoon bracket racing, I'd be happy to hole shot you all and prove my point.

"Hole Shot"- in a drag racing event between two cars, often a slightly slower car (10.5) can over come a slightly faster car (10.0) when a faster reaction time to the starting "tree" can be achieved. If the slower car can can "launch" through the first beam .501 seconds before the vehicle that is .500 seconds faster in actual time; the slower car will "win" the race by .001. Thus the win is decided at the starting line before the cars tires every cross the "starting beam".
This is where the term "hole shot" was devoloped by racers. In professional drag racing there is often a seperate award for "The Hole shot".

Fast Fords & Mustangs 2004

But don't sweat it, R/T isn't important.