On my recent Koni damper/spring install, I tried something completely different.
I ditched the factory parts and used poly bushings.
No noise, and nice and tight.
I don't have a pic, but this is what I used.
From top down:
1) Koni supplied lock nut
3) Poly bushing
4) Car body-shock mounting hole
5) Poly bushing
6) Koni supplied washer
The bushings are compressed about 1/8 inch each when torqued to 20 ft-lb.
I'm really liking this setup so far.
It got rid of a bunch of funky noises I had out back, and as mentioned, the suspension is really tight now.
It reacts very quickly to steering inputs.
If/when I can find a pic, I'll post it up.