jgustafson
Banned

Fan#: 49925
What I Drive: 2004 red SVT ZX3

FF Reputation: 7 jgustafson Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquillyB View Post
First start off with my motor is all stock as well as the ATX. The ZX4 runs 17.5 all day at around 70-75 mph.
Now add a 50 shot off nitrous with a traction control switch and drag radials and I drop 3 full seconds, and still on the stock tune. I am still dialing everything in and currently running mid 14's ?!?
I also paid less than $8K for the car as opposed to the svt, the supposed "bad ass" version of our car.
By the time FocusFest gets here I will be running the 100 shot with a custom dyno tune. Do the math on that one.

My biggest problem at this point is wheel spin but I recently purchased those drag radials so things will be getting faster soon.
So to spend $600 on a NOS and beat svt's with more power and less weight; as well as mustangs down the track, I think is money well vested.

Besides, we'll see who is slow come FocusFest.
Everyone knows the SVT is slow in the quarter mile and its true strength is in the curves. you can have ur nitrous but an svt will still take you in the twisties. Anyone can make a car go fast down the quarter with enough money and stupidity( theres a 550hp front wheel drive impala on streetfire that can go 10s) but not every car can handle well. To each their own, im not knocking your car, its great but don't hate on the SVTs for being good at handling and not the quarter mile