Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Avoiding Scams
Thread: Avoiding Scams
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2008, 09:33 AM   #4
goinloco1
Late for Dinner

Fan#: 8529
What I Drive: kermit

Points 14,656, Level 78
Points: 14,656, Level: 78 Points: 14,656, Level: 78 Points: 14,656, Level: 78
Level Up 52% Completed
Level up: 52% Level up: 52% Level up: 52%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 90 goinloco1 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
A few tips...

I will not purchase unless the person has over 100 posts (has begun establishing himself as a member)
The bst rating is also another good indicator altho not the best since some don't sell very often or have never till that point. (look at my bst, does it mean i'm a bad seller because i've never sold on here before?)
Use an escrow service if possible. the escrow holds the money until you recieve the product and will not release the money until you've inspected and let them know you recieved and inspected. they do track the shipping so its known when recieved and after 3 days of reciept if you dont call the money is released.
If something just doesnt feel right about the deal, back out, no matter how mucyh you may want it.

guess my main concern is those with low post count who come here basically to sell then drop out of sight, as i said, the higher the post count the better.
not everyones a scammer and sometimes problems occur with shipping and life in general.