Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - He Blew My Doors Off!!
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2008, 11:53 AM   #67
outafocus03
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 17425
What I Drive: 2003 Black ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 outafocus03 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylesvt720 View Post
Why don't we just compare apples to Beef Wellington? That's what this entire thread is, and for the record, an SUV can handle well. I have put in quite a bit of seat time in both a Trailblazer SS, and an SRT8 Cherokee, and both can pull considerable G's in a turn. What we all need to realize is that there is a very low chance of running into one of these cars at the beginning of a "twisty" road, and having the opportunity to beat it. In 95% of our driving a car like the SRT8 GC is going to be far superior. Yes you might sustain 3 mph faster throw the cloverleaf off of the interstate, but as soon as the road begins to straighten, all you will be seeing is two center exit exhaust pipes playing a deep baritone symphony as they pull away. That being said, its still not even a good comparison. Can you buy an SRT8 for $10,000? Why don't you compare the new STI to it, if you want to be a little more fair.
Wow, finally a comment based on reallity. Thank you