Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - HOWTO: Peripheral Electronics ipod Interface to 05+ stock headunit w/ AUX
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2008, 07:40 PM   #43
basicblur
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 41965
What I Drive: '04 Overland, '03 Ranger, ZX-6R

FF Reputation: 1 basicblur Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Automated reply?

Well I got a "confirmation" from Peripheral, but it looks like a standard reply-didn't (specifically) answer a lot of my questions. Below is the e-mail I sent 'em with their reply (I'll be calling 'em in an attempt to get answers for the specifics they didn't address):
To Peripheral
I have a 2007 Ford Focus ST with the OEM radio/6-CD changer, and would like to add an iPod/Zune adapter to work with my factory radio. Can you tell me:
1. Do you make such a device?
2. If so, will I retain my 6-CD changer capability (6-CD changer is not a remote-is built into the OEM radio itself)
3. Will it work with Microsoft ZUNE? (I prefer it to iPod)
Some notes on my OEM radio: It has a built in 6-CD changer It is MP3 capable (plays MP3s burned to CD) It does have an "AUX" button on the radio.
Peripheral Reply
You can use the parts listed below for an ipod and auxiliary input.
PXAMG-Universal iPod adapter with HD Radio and auxiliary audio capabilities. (vehicle specific harness required)
PGHFD1-PXAMG vehicle specific harness for Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury Vehicles.

BTW…I broke down and bought the new Zune 80 and am going to try the V1 & V2 FM Modulators from Microsoft (got 'em cheap) since I have 3 vehicles I’d like to use it in. If the FM transmitter will work in at least 1, I guess they’ll be worth the money? I have an Alpine Blackbird with FM transmitter and it works well in my Focus, decent in my Ranger, but haven’t tried it in my Jeep yet. Maybe the Zune FM Modulator will work as well or better?
Anywho…got a bunch of accessories for it on the cheap from both Amazon (many third party vendors at Amazon) and Buy.com.

Like the (physical) design of the FM Modulator from Belkin since the outlet adapter is also the mount, but they make one for the Zune 30, not for the 80. Sent Belkin an e-mail and they said they have no plans to make one for the Zune 80.

Haven’t heard back from P.I.E. yet…I’ll be giving them a call also.
I’ll post any new info I get here.