Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - He Blew My Doors Off!!
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2008, 03:54 PM   #61
Weldman0730
Focus Addict

Fan#: 52834
What I Drive: 2002 Silver/Black ZTS

FF Reputation: 22 Weldman0730 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by outafocus03 View Post
Is anybody else as tired of the old " I'll get him in the twisties" defense as I am? Its the same thing as telling the ugly kid that beauty is only skin deep its what inside that counts. Our cars are slow face it, they always will be ( with a few exceptions). Regardless of how " great" the focus is in the twisties its still nothing special.
well no car is really "special" not even most mustangs, the "performance car" of blue oval, and until your willing to spend over 80G's, which I for one will never do, you wont ever have anything "special" until you customize it. Our cars were never designed to out power a muscle car, the unibody just isnt storng enough or big enough to fit a BB V8 in them, but in the game of speed weight is a big factor, and by there nature of design, i can take my focus and smoke my brother in hs mustang gt in the mountains, which is more fun to me that running in a straight line.

The guys who want to drag normally have heavily modded engines that put out a great deal of hp, and to the focus's defense ive seen 400hp focus's beat 700hp mustangs, simply with a diffrent suspension and ability to put power to the ground in a more efficient better manner. Power is not the only thing which makes a car fast, its also the cars suspension and the most importantly the drivers ability