Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - He Blew My Doors Off!!
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2008, 10:03 PM   #36
03OrangeSVT
LETS TURN DIRT!!!!

Fan#: 19169
What I Drive: MINI Cooper S TURBO

FF Reputation: 152 03OrangeSVT Excellent Standing Member 03OrangeSVT Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by witchcitySVT View Post
I agree with you that the SRT-8 Jeep is a great vehicle, but your failing to realize that even with the upgraded brakes and suspension, the Jeep is going to have to brake much much sooner and run at slower speeds through the corners than the SVT. On a short course like an auto-x course, you would not be able to achieve the speed necessary to make up for the early braking and slower cornering.

I agree, what people fail to realize is SKID PAD numbers are from driving in one direction as hard as possible until you spin out and thats where you get your "G" rating.

For an SUV it does a good job but what about when you start changing directs rapdily like when going through "twisties"... all of that extra weight flopping back and forth is going to greatly reduce not only your speed but the amount of "G's" you're going to be able to pull.

Seriously anyone else on here think that an SUV that weigh's 2 tons is going to keep up with a compact car that was built with the sole purpouse of road handling??
2004 Harley V-Rod.... sex on wheels
2011 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Limited
[/b]