Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - HOWTO: Peripheral Electronics ipod Interface to 05+ stock headunit w/ AUX
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2008, 03:54 PM   #41
basicblur
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 41965
What I Drive: '04 Overland, '03 Ranger, ZX-6R

FF Reputation: 1 basicblur Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Another frustrated 07 owner!

Quote:
i was looking on peripheral's site and it says for the PXAMG:
"Vehicle Compatibility Notes
* All Vehicles
o Radio must be satellite capable or satellite ready. Requires vehicle specific harness (sold separately)."
Read a little further (just below your above quotes) and you’ll see:
Ford/Lincoln/Mercury:
· Not compatible with Microsoft's SYNC
· Non-navigation radios must have an "AUX", “Sirius”, or “SAT” button on the face of the radio

Now…does this mean both statements are true, or for Ford/Lincoln/Mercury the “All Vehicles” statements are not true?
Does it mean I can use this unit for an iPod, but since my OEM radio is not SAT capable, I simply won't have access to that feature?

I’m in the same boat as you? I have a 2007 Focus with OEM radio with 6-CD in dash changer and am trying to find something to hook up an iPod (or preferably the new 80GB Zune) to my OEM radio without losing anything (like the 6-CD changer). I'm assuming the animal I'm looking for will use the AUX button on the front of the radio (as in the last Peripheral warning 'bout Ford vehicles)?

Got an e-mail in now to both Peripheral and P.I.E. asking if they make such an animal for the 2007.

The PXAMG sounds like it might work, but the price is starting to escalate and it sounds like I’d be paying for features I don’t really need?

I’m also leaning toward the Zune 80GB player (not a big iPod fan) and wondered if anyone in here knows if the Zune will work with the Peripheral setup?