Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - He Blew My Doors Off!!
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2008, 02:15 PM   #23
gonzorelic
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 13348
What I Drive: 2003 Pitch Black SVT Focus ZX5

FF Reputation: 31 gonzorelic Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbovation View Post
No way. AWD just means it will do well in snow and icy conditions and on launches.

I don't know if my last post made it up or not, but all I meant to say is that the SVTf is not fast. It's not fast at all actually. It posts good numbers in the slalom and it's superbly agile in the twisties or back country roads, and sure it will beat the doors off an EX honda civic. But fact of the matter is you're still only at 144WHP and most of that doesn't arrive in first gear until you're already at 40 miles per hour, so I'm not surprised at all.

im sure the awd will help at pikes peak or any auto-x track. theres no way awd only does good in icy conditions and doesnt do squat for the twisties. thats crap. im telling you if you think im wrong find a srt-8, challenge him to 3-5 laps, and make sure you video it. by the time you both get to the first corner you will be a good margin behind him and i doubt you will pass him even tho your car does do a little better in the turns. it just is not gonna have the raw UMPH to pass the jeep. all he has to do is come out of the corner and stomp it and your gonna be getting smaller in his mirror. im not downing the svt i love mine but i wont be revving or smack talking to any srt-8 cherokees any time soon. they are a force to be reckoned with. yeah they weigh alot more but they have the torque, hp, brakes, suspension, and traction to back it up.

WWW.PATTERNTEK.COM
WWW.SNAPOFFRACING.COM