Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Want to learn to really drive your Focus??
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2008, 10:52 PM   #2
apex214
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 37876
What I Drive: 2003 Focus SVT, silver

FF Reputation: 43 apex214 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Just for the record:

EMRA (emraracing.org): Three time trials, 3 cars, 2 trophies. Very friendly bunch for the most part. Novices are advised to hook up with an instructor and try to stick with him or her (what I did anyway) for your 2 or 3 practice sessions before timed laps at the end. Not maximum track time but good instructors from what I experienced. Lime Rock Park

SCDA (scda1.org): Non-competitive "track day" or HPDE events. Very well run, efficient, on time, great staff and instructors. If you are lucky you might just get an instructor who led Skip Barber for many years (I was fortunate in this way). Safety first, fun second...but tons of fun because of the amount of track time. Lime Rock Park and New Hampshire International Speedway

Porsche Club of America (chicago): Gingerman Raceway in Michigan...impressive place! I borrowed a friend's former SCCA champion '92 Camaro, and he was my instructor. Nice group, lots of track time, other instructors seemed well suited to the task.

Fast Lane Racing School (raceschool.com): Streets of Willow and Willow Springs. These folks teach the Toyota Celebrity racers for the Long Beach Grand Prix support race and other events. It's modified Celicas on two tracks, experienced instructors (one of mine had driven in the Indy 500 more than once, so not a slacker exactly!). You can get as much or as little instruction as you want...You can spend the whole time with a ride-along teacher or just get some pointers once or twice, then spend the rest of the time on your own.