Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Focus Rear Tire Wear - Camber Bolts or Control Arms?
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2008, 07:16 PM   #1
2003focusowner
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 51939
What I Drive: 2003 Focus SE SPI

FF Reputation: 2 2003focusowner Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Arrow Focus Rear Tire Wear - Camber Bolts or Control Arms?

Like allot of others I have the rear inner tire wear problem on my 03 sedan. I have been trying to pin my dealer down on it and finally got an answer from them today. They cannot correct it but they can slow it down with the installation on new upper control arms(TSB 03-13-5 date July 1, 2003), so they say. The revised +1.0 degree rear upper control arms is what they recommend installing. The control arms are $121.00 each and the say they can change them in about 1.5 hours.

I'm alignment ignorant so here goes my questions. I have been following the thread on alignment for these vehicles a while back. It was recommended to install a set of camber bolts and the thread gave the specs for putting the rear of the car in the proper alignment. I can't find that thread anymore however here is my question. Do I need to install the upper control arms or can I achieve what I need for the rear alignment simply using the camber bolts?

Also has anyone heard of repalcing the rear upper control arms and has it helped any?