Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - SVTF Lap times @ Limerock Park??
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2008, 10:26 AM   #10
apex214
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 37876
What I Drive: 2003 Focus SVT, silver

FF Reputation: 43 apex214 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1 View Post
Those were past EMRA time trial times. The faster time was a prepared car on R comps. The later times were street driven cars on performance tires. What car are you running, SPEC Focus?
1:10 in a prepared SVTF with track tires? I have to think the potential is for much more, considering the last time I took a trophy at an EMRA event was in my (R.I.P) '99 Passat wagon 1.8T 5spd, with only Neuspeed sway bars, Performance Friction pads and a set of Kumho Victoracers. I was being conservative, with no alignment work and without doing much tire pressure adjusting, and my posted time was 1:10.770 (I had better laps during practice unfortunately). I would expect the 1:05-1:06 range to be possible without too much trouble in a well driven (that is, a better driver than me! I'm no veteran at this) SVTF on similar track tires...more power, lighter, better brakes than my old wagon.

I'm getting that old throttle pedal itch again...I have to get more use out of my helmet before the SA rating expires.

PS: No I'm not running Spec Focus...running nothing at the moment, just looking ahead to when I can budget the time and money again (sometimes have enough of one, not enough of the other).