Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Kenwood tape, Kenwood 10-disc, MA Audio Line driver
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2004, 04:28 PM   #1
AaronMC
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 7884
What I Drive: 2001 ZX3 Black

FF Reputation: 1 AaronMC Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Kenwood tape, Kenwood 10-disc, MA Audio Line driver

I've got a Kenwood tape deck with MASK ability (the enitre face flips around and hides). A kenwood 10 Disc CD changer without MP3 capability, and an MA Audio Line Driver (chrome).

Picture: http://www.jiveworld.net/PICT0006small.jpg

As you can see, the parts are in pretty good shape. The chrome on the line driver is a bit smudged, there is a noticable scratch on the top of the changer, and the front of the changer is showing some wear. The tape deck is in fine shape. The face is flawless.

I don't have a picture of it powered up, but it is a 4 color, LCD screen with no cool animations or anything. It is just a badass tape deck. I was stupid about car audio when I bought it, but after owning it I am a diehard Kenwood fan. The deck has exceeded every expectation I had. It does lack a lot of "out of the box" power, so it won't get silly loud. It has 2 pre-outs (F, R) with 2v output. Not like it matters, the line driver bumps that up to 8v. The changer is a very good changer. Well constructed and it only skipped once... when I got rear ended. It reads CD-R's perfectly with no errors.

The line driver is great. When using amps you get a noticable bump in clarity. And if you frequently run your amps hot, this will give you a drop of 5-25 degrees F, depending on ambient. I love this thing.

I'm asking 200 dollars for the mess. I will seriously consider all offers though. If you would like to see more pictures, I can arrange it.

Deck:
Sound (with changer)- 4
Durability- 5
controls- 4
Goodies- 4
power- 3

CD Changer:
Sound- 4
Durability (antiskip)- 5
controls- 5
Goodies- 1 (um, It reads CD's)
Power- na