Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - My work in progress 2004 PZEV sedan
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2008, 04:52 PM   #21
mjmallon
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 49270
What I Drive: 2004 CD Silver LX PZEV (mtx75)

FF Reputation: 23 mjmallon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (21)
Quote:
Originally Posted by besthaticouldo View Post
man those are nice looking...the more i look at this car the more i like it. the SVT front is gonna be badass
Heya, thanks for the compliments, like I said, I owe a lot to Massive and CaysE.

My plans of course are always changing, I think now (since realistically I'll never be able to boost the car thanks to CA smog laws) that I'm going to go with the new Exedy OEM replacement (Randy @ focussport equated it to a stage 0.75 kit) as it will save almost $300, which will just about cover the cost of the H&R rear swaybar and the 24 LB injectors.

I was really surprised at how big a difference the black vents made, I didn't think it would be that dramatic, but it really ties the dash together as the factory vents were an awful light grey.

I'm also tossing around in my head swapping just the EL gauge face from an SVT, rigging my own inverter for the glow, and wiring in some type of speed corrector to make sure that the speed read-out still functions properly and accurately, though I'm hoping the latter can be tweaked with a tune, but I'm not holding my breath. If It works, I think i'd be one of the only (maybe the one one?) duratec cars with an SVT gauge face.

My oil sump baffle was shipped yesterday, and its coming from F2 only about 90 miles away, so it will probably be here tomorrow.

I still need to find a local shop that will press the tranny gears onto the new 3.82 final drive for me, as well as the new bearings onto the torsen at a reasonable price... then I can finalize my budget, and start ordering more parts,

Thanks again, cheers!

-- michael