Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - My work in progress 2004 PZEV sedan
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2008, 10:25 AM   #19
besthaticouldo
i wear no pants

Fan#: 26970
What I Drive: '11 OBP WRX Sedan

FF Reputation: 104 besthaticouldo Excellent Standing Memberbesthaticouldo Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjmallon View Post
Don't forget powered and heated mirrors too! lol.

Oh if only you knew how much work it was, I think the parts were collecting over a 2 month period from the time I first got the itch to do the conversion, lol!

Actually I lucked out and scored most of the parts from a seller on ebay, I got the small door panel trim pieces, the mirror caps, all the switches, factory wiring looms for all 4 doors with their respective interior pigtails (cut from the donor car) as well as all 4 window regulators and motors. Then I found 2 of the power lock units from a separate seller, the GEM from a third and final ebayer, and only had to buy two of the locking units new (at our discounted rate.)

Then of course I realized what a disaster it all was and had to buy the factory wiring diagram on ebay too,

If you're actually curious I can type something up and send it your way.

Again, thanks for all the nice comments guys, cheers!

-- michael

ya im interested. this is what i wanna do! lol my passenger side window is already destroyed. i have to buy new interior wiring anyway. can you type a parts list out and some instructions and thatd be great! thanks
remember that building a car shouldn’t come from parts it should come from deep inside your soul. let the car speak for all the emotions, memories and experiences youve made and the car will take a life of its own. truth over fame.