Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - My work in progress 2004 PZEV sedan
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2008, 02:19 AM   #16
mjmallon
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 49270
What I Drive: 2004 CD Silver LX PZEV (mtx75)

FF Reputation: 23 mjmallon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (21)
Quote:
Originally Posted by besthaticouldo View Post
how in the world did you do factory power windows locks and everything? can you teach me master?!
Don't forget powered and heated mirrors too! lol.

Oh if only you knew how much work it was, I think the parts were collecting over a 2 month period from the time I first got the itch to do the conversion, lol!

Actually I lucked out and scored most of the parts from a seller on ebay, I got the small door panel trim pieces, the mirror caps, all the switches, factory wiring looms for all 4 doors with their respective interior pigtails (cut from the donor car) as well as all 4 window regulators and motors. Then I found 2 of the power lock units from a separate seller, the GEM from a third and final ebayer, and only had to buy two of the locking units new (at our discounted rate.)

Then of course I realized what a disaster it all was and had to buy the factory wiring diagram on ebay too,

If you're actually curious I can type something up and send it your way.

Again, thanks for all the nice comments guys, cheers!

-- michael