Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Drag race the ATX with Nitrous?! HELP?!
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2008, 12:30 PM   #25
SquillyB
4.9L SC Stroker !!!

Fan#: 45801
What I Drive: SC 5.0 FOFO BUILD IN PROGRESS

FF Reputation: 106 SquillyB Excellent Standing Member SquillyB Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
akmer, I went from a 17.5 car to a low 15's car with out the traction control switch installed, just using the TPS (throttle position sensor) and my foot. The ZEX rep said another .5 seconds should be reachable with the traction control switch in.

Boosta, I have a modified version of the stealth intake, and a custom exhaust. With the window switch in I am spraying first gear now as I was NOT before. When going down the track with just the TPS switch installed I would launch, count to two and spray, a heela wheels spin would occur all the way into the middle of second gear, then it would grab and I'm gone!! Now with the TCS switch in I have set it to spray in every gear, from 3100 rpm to 7100 rpm. I have yet to go back to the track with the new switch in but I can tell you I have minimal wheel spin now and that car is fo sho faster than last track day which my best run was a 14.91, my top speed so far in the 1/4 has been 99 mph! Almost a 100 but not quite. With the window switch you can pick how many times the unit has to pass the cut off rpm point before it engages, essentially you can skip gears if you want. Like if you had a turbo and only wanted N2O to spray in the very begining for a brief second to eliminate the "lag" you could easily do that.