Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Drag race the ATX with Nitrous?! HELP?!
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2008, 02:55 PM   #10
SquillyB
4.9L SC Stroker !!!

Fan#: 45801
What I Drive: SC 5.0 FOFO BUILD IN PROGRESS

FF Reputation: 106 SquillyB Excellent Standing Member SquillyB Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackoutSVT View Post
well i can give you some advice.. first off don't spray off the line. hit it about mid track I currently hit the switch at about 3500 in second gear you don't have a drag car per say the only time nitrous is good off the line is when you are running slicks. i would also be careful putting slicks on your focus with out changing out the Differential. could snap the one you got on it...How does this happen? if you are having trubble getting traction try heating your tires in the water trap if they will let you they let me but I have always found I can chirp them pretty good just to clean the dirt and dust off and get em' a little warmer and run quicker from the gate. The box sprays water up into the wheel wells that drips back down at the line causing excess spin or bring a portable torch with you but if you go that rout be careful of that don't want to blow out your tire.lol the goal is to heat your tires up so they kinda melt a little so you will get better traction. but no need to lower the amount of nitrous you are using just don't spray off the ling and you should be gold.
Thanks, I have a window switch I need to wire in soon, hope that helps