Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - **Vote for March ROTM-I'M A RACER**
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2008, 08:36 AM   #83
SquillyB
4.9L SC Stroker !!!

Fan#: 45801
What I Drive: SC 5.0 FOFO BUILD IN PROGRESS

FF Reputation: 106 SquillyB Excellent Standing Member SquillyB Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeAsp View Post
Hear Hear!!

I've never been on a drag strip with this car. It's not what it was built for.

Not saying that it wouldn't be fun, but just ill suited.
Todd,
Wasn't trying to be salty, just confussed. When Booshay was quoted he was talking about you running low 13's and taking the same car with no adjustments to an auto-x and kicking it with the Mazda's. I have never auto-x, only drags so I was worried for a sec. I was like "damn, how did he get a stock svt into the low 14's let alone a 13???

Made my N2O times look even worse on paper So sorry if I came off the wrong way guys, but trust me, I'm REALLY glad I was confussed.

And TParker knows better than anyone I drove my car pretty close to stock to pretty much the last round of every bracket race I could find here locally. I'm the king of, "That damn guy in the focus is running 17.2 exactly all day, I gotta wait like a full tree and a half before I can even launch!?!" Now that I run nitrous they are a little happier about running a focus, until Todd stages next to them. Then they don't know what to think anymore

I have nothing but much love for all racers (except st.) because our sport/art takes loads of humility and self ridicule. We get picked on for being stock, then when we build them people are to us trying to figure out what we did to walk them in the 1/4 or in everyone elses case that was Nominated, stroke their ego around a huge road course only to smoke them in the tightest of tights.

Either way I admire of all you, thats why I said I could have taken myself out of the running because I really have only had this car for a year and a half, and to me an Auto-X is way more "racer" than the quarter. I love what I do, and I'm damn good at it, but the road course I saw up close 1 time lit a fire that is begging for some one to spray Nitrous at it. I have a lot of work to do before I can run road in a sedan, but ...........................someday.